Middle Legal Specialist
Lemesos, Lemesos, CyprusAdministration
Scorewarrior is a game developer and publisher from Limassol, Cyprus. The company was founded in 2015 and is focused on 4X strategy MMO games. Our team has 120+ passionate, talented, self-demanding, and constantly developing professionals who love making high-quality games.
Our mission: We create games with a mission to unite and excite people all over the world.
Tasks to be solved:
- Assist the Legal team and DPO in their daily tasks, offering legal advice and support on a wide range of legal areas such as commercial, corporate, data protection, employment, and gaming.
- Draft, review and negotiate complex agreements including marketing and advertising, payment services, data protection, corporate arrangements, and game supplier agreements.
- Research and analyze legislation of various jurisdictions covering gaming matters, ensure compliance and regulatory adherence in markets where Scorewarrior Limited operates and stay updated on legislative and regulatory changes impacting your role.
- Draft, review and negotiate various legal documents including resolutions, employment agreements, rental agreements, NDAs.
- Deal with KYC and AML related matters, advise and collaborate with other departments on KYC and AML requirements.
- Assist the DPO in handling data subject requests GDPR compliance and other privacy legislation in the rest of the world where Scorewarrior Limited operates related matters and data protection due diligence on business partners.
- Draft, review and improve website documentation (policies such as privacy policies, terms of service notices or cookies policies) and internal policies and procedures and bring the existing documents into compliance with applicable legislation according to requirements of regulators.
- Develop internal procedures and policies for GDPR compliance.
- Contribute to the privacy program and strategy, including impact assessments and privacy audits.
- Advise and collaborate with other departments regarding legal and regulatory matters related to the company’s products or services that require adhere to specific regulations, contract issues, players disputes, and Scorewarrior Limited policies’ violations.
- Ensure alignment with legal and regulatory mandates by assessing how the company presents its services to users.
- Advise on employment law matters and relevant documentation.
- Offer IP advice to all departments, supervise IP litigation matters, and manage trademark rights.
- Register and maintain IP rights to trademarks, file and handle complaints and reports regarding illegal use of the company’s trademark and other IP and work with third party law firms and trade mark agents, globally.
- Collaborate with national and international authorities on complaints, prosecutions, or investigations.
- Work closely with the Legal and DPO departments, both internally and abroad.
- Undertake ad hoc legal projects/duties as required, reporting to the Head of Legal.
- Law degree.
- Experience in collaborating across various teams and departments to ensure that legal and compliance requirements and initiatives remain a top priority for the business.
- At least 3 years of legal experience at a law firm or as in-house lawyer.
- Proven experience in the online-gaming sector or IT industry is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in the rules and regulations surrounding the online gaming industry, especially in areas such as licensing, GDPR laws, Intellectual Property, compliance and/or regulatory matters, with the ability to provide related legal advice.
- Proficient in drafting and reviewing contracts.
- Familiarity with anti-money laundering and data protection legislation.
- Ability to effectively communicate in international business matters.
- Capability to develop effective and implement efficient procedures across multiple departments within the Company.
- Self-driven, with the ability to independently follow through on assigned tasks and projects, as well as take direction and full ownership of responsibilities.
- A team player with excellent business and legal judgement, as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills, keen attention to details, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Hardworking, well-organized, and capable of managing multiple tasks simultaneously under pressure.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, Greek languages and ability to work with all levels of management.
What we offer and our benefits:
- An excellent and competitive remuneration package.
- A modern sunny office ☀️
- Private health insurance for you and your family members.
- A school allowance of up to €400 per month (for children at pre-school and school age).
- Remuneration for personal development courses.
- A friendly working environment with a passion for improving our product :)